Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pradeep (na)     24 February 2021

One of the son is judge

Dear Legal fraternity,

Father died in 2010 w/o a WILL leaving behind estate worth 2 crores which was built through father's earnings alone,

Now family consists of Mother, 1 Son & 2 daughters.

Mother staying with son who is working judge

Two daughters staying away in another state far away from son & mother

Son who is working judge is keeping aloof from sisters (not talking to anyone since father's death) 

Question is : Can a legal case be filed against working judge in case if he doesn't share the estate as per law ?

Thanks in Advance 


 30 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     24 February 2021

The self earned property of the father shall be equally divided amongst the four legal beneficiaries. Social position of any heir does not deter the division. 

1 Like

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     24 February 2021

Daughters have also equal right in fathers self earned property but if father had made any will in favour of any individual regarding his self earned property then that cant be challenged . 

2 Like

Reetika Dhawan   24 February 2021

hello contact me

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 February 2021

"Can a legal case be filed against working judge in case if he doesn't share the estate as per law ?" Why not?

Rajiv Vig (Prop)     24 February 2021

yes this is civil case and not pertaining to discharge of his official duties 981123123

Sameer Nayak   24 February 2021

in whose name the WILL is ????
1 Like

Pankaj Bhosale (Non)     24 February 2021

if no will available then Do not worry Son can't sale or do anything to property without a valid Succession certificate. daughter also has equal share. If there is a written will you can challenge that will in court
1 Like

Sanjay Upadhayay   24 February 2021

well,iam associating with,what mr kishor mehta has said.move shahed against the so called judge ,take sanction again st him. take legal refuge.
1 Like

Nikhil Kn   24 February 2021

Yes, u can. According to the Indian law u can file a case..
and also daughter has equal rights in father own property.
1 Like

Muzaffar Adv   24 February 2021

in inheritance status of a party is no consideration. this is a matter of entitled of a shareholder of his/her share from the property left behind by the Decased Ancestor. Each of the shareholder shall get his/her as per law of inheritance governing the parties. Initiation of Legal Proceedings against the Judge in his personal capacity is not barred by any law. You can sue him for getting ur share.

ASHWANI SINGH   24 February 2021

please disclose the name of member in the will

Deepthi Duggi   24 February 2021

mother,son,two daughters all are equal heirs in father self acquired property.Nothing will effect staying near or far as property was left without will all are having rights according to Hindu succession act .It changes according to religion their shares of he is muslim,Christians according to their laws it will apply.

mudasir afzal   24 February 2021

u can file a suit for partition of the property of father

Mayank Sharma   24 February 2021

It is clearly stated that father died without a will. So in this case succession certificate must be obtained first, then equal distribution can be made between the 4 people left. Everyone now has an equitable share of 25 lakhs each

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query