LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kuntal0000 (xyz)     24 June 2013

On bail..498 case...can change job to another state

Hi my wife has left me in gujarat and moved to my home state in west bengal .she is threatng me and sayin tar she will fle a case of dowry harassment and 498 against me meanwhile i have also got a job in west bengal if police arrests me here in gujarat and i am on bail in gujarat can i move to west bengal for job change pl let me know the process and how long does it take for this procrss to be allowed thanks a lot


 4 Replies

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     24 June 2013

It totally depend which place FIR is lodged and for that place you have to get bail which is applicable to all over India.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     24 June 2013

Dear Querist

its depend on the FIR, if any FIR filed against you in Gujrat and you get bail from Gujrat court then police can not arrest you but if the FIR has lodged in West bengal and you got bail from Gujrat Court then the police have power to arrest you. you should apply for bail in west bengal if the FIR has lodged againt you in West bengal

Kuntal0000 (xyz)     24 June 2013

hi thanks for the reply but if she files fir in west bengal ...as i stay in gujarat....
query 1-- which police will arrest me gujrat police or west bengal police and
query 2---after being arrested i take bail from that state police ....can i move or work anywheree in india


Getting a job anywhere wont be a problem.  Even if you plan to do job after getting bail in WB, it all depends no how flexible is your employer and how patient you are in handling a 498a case, as frequently you have to go to court to attend dates.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register