Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saif   12 January 2017

Old property and rights of tenents

Hello guys,

i am new member to this fouram and i am quit happy to see positive responces from experiencedpeople here.

So, comming to a point my questions are

situation : we had a old ancester comercial property in heart of a city its around 8000sq ft,

As i was out for the studies and my father was expired few years ago there was no one to look after it collect rents and pay property tax.

Now i have seen the rent is very low only 400rs/month which is not sufficient to pay property tax also.

q1-) Is ther any way to increase rent and make to pay rent for non paying tenents?

q2-) can i just sell that property without the concent of tenents?

q3-) Can i convince them to make new agreement for 11 months?

by the way i am from mahashtra state.

help me out.

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 January 2017

First thing First: Obtain death certificate, legal heir certificate and submit to the authority under whose jurisdiction property falls to record inheritance and obtain latest document showing share by inheritance.

Legal heirs shall step in the shoes of deceased onwer.

Once you are owner you can act like owner. 

Such matters are complicated.

Take help of elders of the family, well wishers and try to resolve amicably.

Remain gentle and amiable.

In case legal recourse is the only option, first approach your counsel specializing in such matters and understand all options, remedies and merits than to act on your own.

Saif   13 January 2017

Originally posted by : Ramesh Singh
Reply is, a3-) you must no surety for "can" be predicted.

can u alabrote it what do you mean by your reply.

Saif   13 January 2017

Originally posted by : Kumar Doab

First thing First: Obtain death certificate, legal heir certificate and submit to the authority under whose jurisdiction property falls to record inheritance and obtain latest document showing share by inheritance.

Legal heirs shall step in the shoes of deceased onwer.

Once you are owner you can act like owner. 

Such matters are complicated.

Take help of elders of the family, well wishers and try to resolve amicably.

Remain gentle and amiable.

In case legal recourse is the only option, first approach your counsel specializing in such matters and understand all options, remedies and merits than to act on your own.

thanksfor your answer.

i have dead certificate and legal hier certificate work is in progress also here is no objection from any relatives as my grandfather has made a will before his death,

just the problem for now is tenents and teir rights on our property,

we are in talk with them, and realised they nither want toleave the property nor increase the rent on other hand i have to pay tax from my pocket.

thus, as there is is no output from it we thought to sell it to someone upright.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register