LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Barirah Hasnain   14 December 2022

Nuisance neighbour

My neighbour is an anxiety patient (with potential for self harm) She harrases me and everyone around her house by playing songs in blasting noise, making false allegations, interfering in our civil matters and abusing us, sometimes even trying to enter our homes. i filed a police complaint with a joint petition from other land owners but the police said they can't take any action as she is a single girl who has suicidal tendencies, she can frame us in a suicide case and adviced us to get a cctv camera installed. She shouts slurs at me or anyone from my family whenever I walk past her house, is there any legal action i can take safely against her.

Learning

6 Replies

SASANKAJYOTI SHARMA (INDEPENDENT FREELANCE LAW PROFESSIONAL)     14 December 2022

It would be a fit case for public nuisance. Consult a local lawyer for filing a complaint case and for a pleader's notice.

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 December 2022

You can initiate a civil action in tort.

Barirah Hasnain   15 December 2022

The police has said they can't take any action as she has suicidal tendencies and asked us to install a cctv to gather evidence about her actions. She continues to speak ill of us trying to pit all the neighbours against us by levelling false allegations. Is there some way I can stop her from defaming us ?

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 December 2022

A civil action does not involve the Police.

However, your subsequent posting "She continues to speak ill of us trying to pit all the neighbours against us by levelling false allegations. Is there some way I can stop her from defaming us ?", suggest that youre unsure of the facts or that the first statement has been an overstatement.

Barirah Hasnain   16 December 2022

If I get audio recordings of her abusing us or making false allegations will that be ok? Are audio recordings counted as evidence?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 December 2022

You all can collect evidence and apply to SDM u/s 133 CrPC. it appears she is not insane. You already have a record of calling police.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register