LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shravan (Sr. System Analyst)     29 October 2011

Notary land/ building purchase

Hi Sir/ Madam,

I have recently looked at a Notarty land and a notarized building as well in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. They look good and located in a nice place. I am planning to purchase one of these properties and therefore have following questions, please clarify:

1) Is it recommended to purchase a Notarty land and/ or a notarized building?

2) What measures should I take care of in purchasing this property?

3) After I purchase one of these properties, how can I make sure I have full rights on the property and is legally mine as well?

Thank you,




 5 Replies

kumar t v s (advocate)     29 October 2011

You will get no legal right through a notarised sale.


Sale of immoveable property can be done only through a registered document, and the vendor should have a registered deed as link document along with necessary permissions from muncipality/local authority.


1 Like

Shravan (Sr. System Analyst)     01 November 2011

Thanks for your reply Kumar garu.

From your reply - "...vendor should have a registered deed as link document along with necessary permissions from muncipality/local authority" -

1) Is "registered land/ building document" different from "registered deed as link document"? If so, could you please explain the process such that the current land owner can get the "registered deed"?

2) Also please elaborate on what "necessary permissions from muncipality/local authority" should the current land owner has to get and how?


FYI - the broker has informed me that almost all the lands in that area are under notary only and government would regularlize them soon. Also, broker said he can provide me all the original/ linked documents since 1986.


Thank You,



jyothi (non employed)     02 May 2012

Hi sir /madam,

Iam a housewife and i have a house in hyderabad  which is a notary land where we are staying since 10 years now i want to registered it to avail a home loan so can u guide me the process and what are the docs required for this registration and with this registration can i get a home loan from any bank as these land govt Patta lands given to weaker section.

Sreenivasa Rao. S. (Business)     03 February 2013

Dear Sir,

One of my friend has notary land and he constructed a house in it, presently he is staying in thehouse for the past 3 years.The notary document is in favor of his wife.The electricity bill is in favor of my friend.Present value of the property is nearly Rs.5 Lacks, he is in need of finance on the property, he is ready to transfer the property in my favor and hand over the orginal documents for which he wants me to help him financially for his personal needs, he wants a MOU from me that he will repay the amount borrowed from me within two years and retransfer the property in his favor. He wants to stay in the same house.

Please suggest me what kind of documents should I take from him, is it safe.


Thanks and Regards,


Srinivas Rao


SYED (MANAGER)     07 March 2013


I have purchased a Notary plot of 330 sq.yards in Hyderabad in 2010, actually this land belongs to one Dargah who appointed one lawyer as GPA and done the plotting and sold the plots to individuals. There are so many people staying in an around this plot for the past 15 years and lot of construction work is happening.

I am also paying Tax since I bought this property, I even paid the arrears. On GHMC portal when I enter the house number to pay the Tax it shows as Notary. 

Recently I have started construction work on this plot, I would like to know how secure it is and how can I get this property registered. After construction work can I ask municipal people to do the assesment, if I do that then what are the chances of getting it registered. Apprecaite your response and thank you very much in advance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register