LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kishore kumar   08 October 2022

Notarized records

as per law or act , for minimum how many years a Notarized records should be kept with Public Notary mandatory or compulsory?
Thanks.

Learning

7 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     08 October 2022

What is your problem or is it an academic query?  As per Notary Rules, every notary shall obtain COP(Continuation of Practice) for every five years from the state government.  But before submission of application for COP of his notary license, his notarial registers shall be got verified for each year, and the authority(the authority appointed by the State Government) and the authority after verification recommends for COP or may not recommend based on the inspection report.  So the notary shall maintain a minimum of 5 years.

kishore kumar   09 October 2022

Thank you very much Sir,
Actually we made a notarized agreement 11years ago, and original agreement is with opposite party, I have only Xerox copy, and now opposite party deny it on their reply in a civil matter. I have limited option to proove it, because both witnesses are died,and signature expert is a court order issue. now main strong evidence can be proved if notary appear with his register and copy records of our agreement.
That's why I wanted to know whether 11 years old records can be available with Notary or he can destroy it after certain years? or such record and registers he has to submit to any govt dept. or court registrar? because he got his license cancelled 3-4years back.
I hope now you will get my point to ask above query?
Thanks again sir.

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     09 October 2022

maximum for 3 yeas.

ok,thanks Sir,

P. Venu (Advocate)     09 October 2022

In the given context, a mere denial may not sufficient. Anyhow, you may summon the nutary as a witness.

thanks Sir, notary may come for witness,but court may ask for concrete evidence for record. that's why I asked about maximum Notary Record keeping period as per law.

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 October 2022

The court is never expected any of the litigant to do the impossible.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More