Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aki   06 September 2016

Not getting paid

Hello All,

I joined a IT company in Chandigarh in sales. Its been a month I am employed here but now the company is not paying me the salary stating the performance issues, whereas there was no clause or discussed verbally or in writing during the interview. After discussion with HR I was told I will get half paid and rest half will be on terms which was never discussed. Please tell me what should I do and how can I get full paid. I have the company laptop with me , shall I keep it till the time I don`t get paid or shall I return to the company and then proceed ahead with filling case.

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 September 2016

Has the company stated so in writing?

Do you have any irrefutable evidence?

Has the company supplied salary slip and salary?

Request to supply both in writing under proper acknowledgment.

Try to resolve with your own skills.

Or approach;

IT/ITeS employe's unions,Trade unions for support

Inspector appointed under: Punjab Shops and Estbs Act (Chandigarh follows it), Payment of Wages Act, O/o Labor Commissioner

aki   06 September 2016

No they did not but i have the chat with HR which is done with me on skype. Nothing is written in appointment letter, no salary slips is issued.

aki   06 September 2016

I have joined this organisation back in 25 july 2016 & have received my July month (5-7 days) salary on 10th August n now expecting my August 2016 month salary, they do not provide the salary slips whereas we got our salaries through bank transfers... As our salary date is nearby so now they r creating the performance issue n holding on my half salary... Now I am not keen to continue with them however i need my full salary so kindly suggest do i send them a legal notice to them via labour court post. Seeking help!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 September 2016

Apparently the pay day is 10th of subsequent month, as per employer.

Salary slip has to be supplied atleast a day before payday and should be signed by both employer and employee.

The authoritis that you can approach has already beem mentioned.

You can approach O/o Labor Commissioner (state/central; as applicable in your case) and Labor Commissioner may club all complaints made to all Inspectors.

Why don't you seek support from unions also!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register