Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Learner (xxx)     03 September 2011

Non-reimbursement of travel expenses

Hello,

I worked for a Mumbai based organisation in their New Delhi Branch Office as Regional Manager and when I left the organisation, I received a letter signed by the director that I will get the following:

1. Balance Salary   2. Reimbursement of Travel Expenses upon submission of the bills.

Since I had a hectic job schedule coupled with lot of travelling within India and abroad in the new job, so I could only submit the expenses after 5-6 months of leaving the last job. On receipt of the expenses, they kept mum for 4 months (inspite of reminders from my side) and now they are saying that expenses cannot be reimbursed as they have already closed the accounts for last financial year. Also, they created problem in issuing Form-16 which they have only issued around mid of August.

Can anybody please help in this regard?

Thanks.

Learning

2 Replies

Rajender Dahiya (Partner/Advocate)     04 September 2011

You can always ask them for your dues.... Send them strong legal demand notice............ Rajender Dahiya Advocate +91 9560900283

(Guest)

No doubt, there is a need to show liabilities in the P & L Accounts and balance Sheet of the company for the purpose of closure of annual accounts and audit thereof, but nowhere it has been barred to rectify any ommission in the accounts. It does not mean that your claims should be regulated only with the closure of accounts. You still can claim your dues for which you can better try to convince first the concerned authorities before you take resort to a legal course.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register