LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aanchal saini (lawyer)     19 March 2009

non performing assets

what is the procedure for tranfer of non performing assets??

Learning

5 Replies

aanchal saini (lawyer)     19 March 2009

*transfer

A V Vishal (Advocate)     19 March 2009

Dear Aanchal:

Can your question have more clarity? transfer of NPA to what? is it an accounting question or a legal query.

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Advocate )     19 March 2009

considering your  question pertaining  to Bank Loan Account  | | | | |

In inform you that the Loan  accounts are divided as  no-Performing Assets when the Installments/interst  are not  paid by the borrower for  period a of 3 months or certian period  it will be separated  as Non - Performign asset and it  will be transferred  to Non Performing assets and when it becomes again performign asset it will be retransferred to performign asset . Perfomance of assets  in the Banking  systems payment of installments and interst and income on the assets which  parted by the Banks in the  shape of  Laon to Borrower - ----------------------------- YVVRAO Advocate  Warangal AP 

Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Advocate )     19 March 2009

It will be retransfered to Performign Asset when  it bocomes perfoming Asset - coorection //////// added

aanchal saini (lawyer)     20 March 2009

@ Vishal, my question is a legal query, there is recent gujrat high court judgment on the subject that NPA's cannot be transferred and the case is still pending in the supreme court.

@Mr. Vishweshwar Rao, thank you for the answer but my question still remains, what is the procedure for transfering the NPA for eg. ICICI bank transfered its NPA via a deed of assignment to Kotak Mahindra (Gujrat High court case). I want to know where is the prescribed guidelines or procedure fa such transfer???

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register