Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAJASEKHARAN K E   21 April 2016

Non payment of salary arrears lic

Sir,

I have worked in the LIC of India as an Assistant from 29/10/2009 to 16/10/2014 and resigned from that post to join another job. The salary revision for the year 2012 and I was denied the salary arrears. Is there any scope for getting the same?

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 April 2016

Is the declinature in writing?

Why was it denied?

I had sent a request to the zonal office @ Chennai 2 months ago and no reply is given. But I know from the internet that there is a clause in the revision notification read as

Provided further that the officers whose resignations had been accepted or whose services had been terminated under rule 39 of Life Insurance Corporation of India (Staff) Rules, 1960 during the period from the 1st August, 2012 to the date of publication of this notification in the Official Gazette, shall not be eligible for the arrears on account of revision. 

Also I knew that a number of other people suffer from the same issue of repudiation of salary arrears from LIC. Please go through the links

https://uberrimafideslicindia.blogspot.in/search?updated-min=2016-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2017-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=6

In the link posted by you it is mentioned that:

"So how can this clause be introduced, that too with retrospective effect? If at all it has to be introduced, it could be with prospective effect and the same should be mentioned in the appointment letters.'

"  The Supreme Court has declared this clause itself to be ultra vires, meaning 'beyond reach' of the Chairman's powers. "

So all affected employees may join hands and take up the matter with Finance Ministry and/or approach court of law.

IN other thread at :

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Non-paymentof-arrear-by-lic-131053.asp#.VxmHUtQrLIV

Expert Dr. Krishna has already clarified that;

"2) LIC will have to pay eligible arrears as per Pay Revision of Nov 2015, effective from August 2012, even after your resignation.'

ok sir . 

Thanks for your fast reply

Regard

Rajasekharan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register