Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SUDIPTA BANERJEE (ASST MANAGER)     07 May 2013

Non payment of salary

DEAR ALL,

I HAVE SERVED A REPUTED CONSTRUCTION CO  (DELHI BASED) THEY DIDNT PAY MY SALARY SINCE AUG 2012, ATLAST I TENDERED MY RESIGNATION ON 17TH NOV, AND ASKED THEM TO RETAIN MY NOTICE PAY, THEY HAVE EVEN ME AN EMAIL, OF RELEASING LETTER IN EXPERIENCE LETTER FORMAT, THE SUBJECT IN EMAIL WAS RELEASING LETTER, AND ATTACHEMENT WAS EXPERIENCE LETTER, WORKED FROM THIS  DATE TO THIS DATE. AND WORKED SATISFACTORY, NOW THEY SAY, HANDING OVER WAS NOT DONE PROPERLY, BUT THEY GAVE ME RELESE LETTER, AS MY SENIORS SAID THAT IT WAS NOT REQUIRED. FOR HANDING OVER.

PLEASE SUGGEST WHAT SHALL I DO NOW. DUES AMOUNTING TO APPX 1,40,000. PLUS PF ALSO

Learning

3 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     07 May 2013

NOW THEY SAY, HANDING OVER WAS NOT DONE PROPERLY

if they say that the resignation papers were not done properly then as per there policy tender again the required papers to them and request the payment as soon as possible or you will go to court 

as you have not mentioned what position you are accordingly consult a lawyer and issue a notice 

foremost if you have all the documents with acknowledgement wouild be an evidence 

SUDIPTA BANERJEE (ASST MANAGER)     07 May 2013

DEAR SIR,

THANKS FOR THE REPLY, I WORKED AS ASST MANAGER (STORES), WHEN I SUBMITTED MY RESIGNATION, I TOLD THEM IN MY LETTER FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, AND THEY CAN RETAIN MY ONE MONTH BASIC PAY (NOTICE PAY).

THEN AFTER I WAS GIVEN A RELEASING LETTER, FILES ATTACHED, AND HARDLY ANY ONE ENTERTAINS MY CALL, WHEN I HAVE BEEN ISSUED A RELEASING LETTER, WHY SHOULD I GO THROUGH THE ENTIRE PROCEDURE AGAIN??

WELL, IF MY RELEASE LETTER AND EXPERIENCE LETTER IS ISSUED TO ME, IT IS SELF EXPLANATORY, THAT I AM FREE TO MOVE FROM THEM, AND MY PERFORMANCE WAS SATISFACTORY AS CERTIFIED IN THEIR LETTER.

PLEASE ADVISE

Attached File : 82907051 email.pdf, 82907051 releasing letter of mr sudipta banerjee (1).pdf downloaded: 170 times

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 May 2013

The company should have supplied the complete process of handover/`exit process/submission of company property/stock required to be completed by employee in writing.

Reliving letter is issued post completion of all exit formalities and signifies that employee has been properly relieved and nothing is due against him

Pay day for FNF dues/wages: Usual pay day.

Company should supply correct FNF statement for acceptance of its correctness by employee.

The mention of word releasing letter in subject line can be by oversight.

The letter issued to you is work experience/service certificate.

You have offered to tender notice pay by adjusting it in FNF dues. Ideally company should adjust notice pay @ Basic + DA……

You were in stores.

Has the company supplied the FNF statement showing any recovery from you or has it ever called you to visit its office for handover of stock in store or has it levied any charge for shortfall in stock to be explained or compensated by you?

If NO, why should it deny the settlement now and you may demand correct FNF statement, payment of FNF dues by bank DD only, Form 16 as per correct FNF statement, PF number, PF a/c slips for full tenure of service, reliving letter ( if not supplied till date), etc…………………so as to reach you in say………..days by redg. post only.

You may add that postage prepaid (as purchased from PO) self addressed envelope is enclosed for supplying the documents and DD to you.

Company may accede to your demand or dazzle you with its demands.

In addition to the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947, states also provide for compliance's under the Shops & Establishment Acts, Standard Standing Orders Act……. If the employee falls within the definition under these enactments, then he would be protected, up to that extent. 

You have the option of:

------- lodging a complaint with Inspector under Payment of Wages Act (applicable to all employees drawing wages up to Rs.180000/pm),

THE PAYMENT OF WAGES ACT, 1936
{Applicable to all employees drawing wages up to Rs.18000/pm as per def. of wages in the Act}

2. Definitions:
3*[(vi) "wages" means…………..
(d) any sum which by reason of the termination of employment of the person employed
is payable under any law, contract or instrument which provides for the payment of such sum, whether with or without deductions, but does not provide for the time within which the payment is to be made;

5. Time of payment of wages.

----------Inspector under Shops and establishments Act of the state of Delhi, { applicable to all employees}.

The notice of resignation is max. 1 month.

30. Notice of Dismissal: COMMENTS
(a) Applicability of section 30:

In the absence of any standing orders or any contract between the employer and the contesting respondent containing any particular terms or conditions, the conditions of service of the employee relating to his employment in an establishment at Delhi are covered by section 30(1) of Delhi Shops and Establishments Act, 1954

(b) Notice or wages in lieu thereof under section 30—When to be given?
A plain reading of section 30 of the Act would make it clear that……………… the notice under sub- section (2) is for the benefit of the employer.
{Obviously the 2 month’s notice period is for the benefit of employer.}

37. Powers and duties of the Inspector:
(b) Duties of the Inspector:
(i) that in dispensing with the services of an employee the provision of the Act and Rules
have been complied with and no dues payable under the Act or Rules have been
Withheld;

{You may approach the Inspector for relief.}

------- --The designation alone does not decide employee is a workman or not.
Your lawyer may ask you a set of structured questions and may opine that you fall within the category of workman.

You may go thru the standing orders of the company/model standing orders:

13. Termination of employment:
.--(1) For terminating employment of a permanent ……. one month’s notice in the case of monthly-rated workmen and two weeks’ notice in the case of other workmen: one month’s or two week’s pay, as the case may be, may be paid in lieu of notice.

(2) No temporary …..and no probationer …. shall be entitled to any notice or pay in lieu thereof if his services are terminated

{Implies notice period is not applicable to probationer}

11. Payment of wages., 15. Complaints.--
16. Certificate on termination of service.--Every permanent workman shall be entitled to a service certificate at the time of his dismissal, discharge or retirement from service.

NOTE. - There is a provision under this Act for issuing a service certificate at the time of dismissal, discharge or retirement and every person is entitled to take such certificate.
17. Liability of 17[employer].-, 18. Exhibition of standing orders.—

-------Civil Court.

It shall be appropriate to show all of your documents, including standing orders of the company, appointment letter, all communications exchanged with company, etc to a competent and experienced labor consultant/service lawyer, give inputs in person and proceed under expert advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register