New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MileyShah   01 August 2017

Noc to change advocate

Is NOC compulsory ? And is there any way around it. I want to change Advocate and he is asking for Rs. 50,000 just for giving NOC.


 6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 August 2017

NO fee for NOC.

Clear the pending payment as agreed, if any .

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 August 2017

Handover the case file to other lawyer chosen by you as suggested to you in other threads and sign Vakalathnama.

The next senior counsel can help you.


Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 August 2017

Your current lawyer seems to have enough damage to you, may be becasue it was not his matter of expertise/competence/experience or he did not prepare at all. Your matter is complicated. All the more complicated, due to lower court having pronounced guilty. 

Don't err this time in chosing your lawyer and defense assistant.

ramesh   02 August 2017

no need if noc required,u can appoint 10 lawyer also. don't give him a single penny, these type of adv r worst thn insects

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 August 2017

Citizens that are not properly informed, litigants that do not consult well in advance elders of the family/competent and experienced  well wishers/community leaders/experienced persons that have faced similar litigations/well infomed PIP's/seasoned employee's-Trade unions leaders..............................and do not inquire by spending quality time about counsels of unshakable repute and integrity specializng in concerned field of law e.g; Labor/service matters ( as in your case and seasoned defense assistant ) , Family matters, criminal matters, consumer matters.......................face such situations in life and are exploited and harrassed... 

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 August 2017

General practice is that the first lawyer endorses the NOC in the vakalat for engaging another lawyer. If he refises or make exhobitant demands, bring the matters to the notice of the court. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register