New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sushil   28 November 2021

Noc for passport by society for licencee

I am living as tenant in a housing society by LL agreements.

I have applied for passport.

society deny to issue NOC to me, because flat owner has dispute with

maintenance charges,

society forcing me to pay the pending dues.

what should i do? pls advice   


 1 Replies

Megha   10 January 2022


The first step woud be to amicably settle your differences with your housing society and get the NOC.

Normally, a rental agreement or photopassbook of [rescribed banks suffices as proof of address and a NOC letter is not mandatory as such. Neither in the list of documents prescribed nor the FAQs issued by the passport authorities mandate the need for the same.  Thus, even if you dont receive a NOC, you may proceedwith yourapplication by submitting alterative proof of address.

More information please visit the passport India website.  

Best regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register