Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gautam Singh   29 April 2021

No salary and less salary than minimum wages.

Respected member,

I have query related to job which my father do. My father is darwan as people know in trust for more than 45-50 years, his current salary is around 4500 per month. He is working 24*7 as darwan. They have provided room with electricity for his stay. Since, they have not raised his salary and now not paying salary due to dispute in  among trustees.

It's very difficult for him to get salary from them. Also they are not giving full and final settlement. 

In light of this case can someone please guide me which all act will be relevant here and what action should I take. 

Regards vikash

Learning

6 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 April 2021

Post your query in simple language, it is vague.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     29 April 2021

Many Acts are applicable for your father. But I suggest as you are determined to take action on this, it is better to seek a paid up conference with an Advocate and justify your seriousness.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     29 April 2021

Better to approach a local lawyer 

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     29 April 2021

You may approach an NGO in the area looking after the welfare of the Labour and labour related issues so that there shall not be attendant expenditure just to get guidance.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 April 2021

Let your father approach District Legal Services Authority and through them get instructions to Labour Inspector for finding out the facts and they will suggest a suitable remedy.  You need not spend one rupee for all this but at the same time, there is no guarantee for further employment as the trust may take a decision that he is unfit to perform the duty due to his old age etc.  It is time for you to take care of your father who was working for more than 45-50 years for his family.  Perform your duty as a son first, before asking the employer.  Keeping an employee for 45+ years is itself  a great favour and disclose the sincerity of the employee also.

Gautam Singh   29 April 2021

Thank you for your advice. I am performing my duty as son as I am running my family as he is not being paid since last 1 .5 years. I just want to ensure that he is paid for time spent. Anyways, we wanted full and final settlement. That's all. Regards 🙂

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register