LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikrant Goel (fkhjk)     16 September 2011

No means of 498-a

I have read many cases on this site. I have also personnely experienced this law and faced lot of mental cruelty by my wife and judges. I believe this law and judiciary are not more than a devil and one engaged in such cases should go through this experience to understand the facts of the case. Law & Judges sitting on very liable post, in fact is spoiling lifes and house and future of thousands childrens. Women is always treated repectfully despite everyone know she is mental cruel just bcoz god has created her women by s*x and not by feelings.

I think todays women who are engaged in 498-A are not less than "Dayan" who creates drama to spoil husband family reputation and spoils childrens life. Such womens should be kicked in centre of the road. And law with out doing any investigation just push husband family behind the bar which is againt humanity. Husband keeps fighting this legal terrorism.

Learning

3 Replies

Manav Kalia (Arguing my own cases..)     16 September 2011

While i empathize with the author and other harassed husbands of gender biased laws in india, myself being one of them, at the same I cannot endorse the strong language by the author, for all 498a women. There is a conviction rate in these cases, so abt 10% cases must be genuine. And remember that your own daughter, sister or mother might have a genuine 498a case tomorrow. I love this site, its been a big help, but I wud not condone such strong language for women who take protection from the law..

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     17 September 2011

Mirage,

But would not it be proper that the cases be made non-cognizable and bailable.

Non-cognizable would mean that girl would need to show some prima-facie proof of cruelity/ harassment

Bailable would mean that husband and family won't go to jail just on the basis of false complaint.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Manav Kalia (Arguing my own cases..)     17 September 2011

I agree totally with u, @ shonee, I sed the same thing in my reply to the other post by the author, but thing my own (ex) wife, tries to harass me using these laws, but I dont really have anything against her, cuz I ask myself, is it more her fault, or the systems, see in the days of apartheid in s.africa, u cud not blame the whole white population, it was the fault of the system, who among us does take advantage of tax loopholes, it is human nature to take advantage of any system, if it is an unfair system, I dont blame the 498a wives, I blame the system.. I talked abt changes to system in other post by author, one must needed change is, all marital disputes, shud be settled in family court without lawyers, I tell my wife everytime, that she is intelligent, she can argue her own case, not to waste time n money on lawyers, but she doesnt listen, she thinks lawyers can keep her married to me longer, probably can, but at what cost of time n money.. seriously the systems so flawed that if they corrected it, half the marriages cud be saved.. :-|

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register