LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suparna Sen (Job)     05 March 2023

No dues certificate from landlord

I live in a rented flat. I am planning to vacate the flat next month. But my landlord is refusing to give me a No Dues certificate. As a tenant is it my right to get a No Dues certificate from landlord? How will I convince him to sign on the No Dues certificate?

Learning

4 Replies

Sidhhi   05 March 2023

Do you have proper registered Rent Agreement? Ary making all payments by cheque only ? If making on line do write the purpose of payment made ?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 March 2023

If you have entered into a proper rental agreement and have not violted the terms of the agreement, observed the procedures for vacating the rented premise proplery,  then you can issue  a legal notice to the landlord demanding the desired no due certificate, failing which you can initiate legal action through appropriate legal forum

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     06 March 2023

Show the rent agreement to a local prudent lawyer to analyse terms and conditions agreed between you and your landlord especially qua handing over vacant possession of demised premises, which you did not mention in the query and cannot be presumed to oblige.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     06 March 2023

If you have been paying the rent against proper receipt and those receipts are with you than why would you need to get NDC. Is there any such clause in agreement. 

Just issue written notice to your landlord and state therein that you have fully paid your dues and there is nothing outstanding against you in lieu of your rented accommodation, state therein that you are handing over the property and vacating form such date… just send on his email and watsup and keep the screen shot of watsup with blue ticks and send the hard copy through registered post with AD.

Mention that after 15 days with no demand or objection the Notice shall be treated as admitted and accepted.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register