Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hell Fighter (Member)     17 May 2014

Need these urgent judgements

Can anyone provide links to these judgements? Unable to get the exact judgement

1) Sujata Kohli -  Wife 'more qualified', court rejects alimony plea

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Wife-more-qualified-court-rejects-alimony-plea/articleshow/25458254.cms

2) ASJ Anuradha Shukla Bhardwaj - Alimony rejected if women can earn

https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/delhi/court-rejects-womans-plea-for-alimony-says-she-can-earn/

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)
Check on the district court websites if u have parties name....judgements passed by MM/ASJ doesn't get reported..

mintu (advocate)     17 May 2014

Dear  Hell Fighter

Find attached two judgments. Hope the attached judgments are the same which you requested for.

Attached File : 736267483 sujata kohli judgment.pdf, 736267483 asj anuradha shukla bhardwaj judgment.pdf downloaded: 610 times

Hell Fighter (Member)     17 May 2014

Hi Mintu brother.. thanks for the judgements brother. I was trying to get these judgements by googling on the name of judges but only got the news articles. If you can elaborate how did you looked for them... I'll be sure to help myself in future.

suraj12345 (engineer)     16 March 2015

Court denies alimony to woman, says she's capable of working PTI, New Delhi | Updated: Mar 24, 2014 17:49 IST A woman has been denied alimony by a Delhi court which observed that she was capable of working as she used to do before marriage and so was not dependent upon her husband for survival. "The couple does not have any child and therefore the woman was as independent as the man to work and maintain herself," Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) Anuradha Shukla Bhardwaj said, dismissing the appeal of the woman, a resident of Delhi, who had challenged the order of a magisterial court which had also denied her relief on similar grounds. The court rejected the woman's plea relying on judgements of the Delhi High Court in which it had held that when husband and wife have equal educational qualifications, both must take care of themselves. "In view of the judgements the High Court of Delhi where it has been held that wherever the wife is capable to work and had been working, she shall not be considered dependent upon the husband for her survival. There is no apparent error in the order of trial court," the sessions court said. The woman had approached the court seeking maintenance from her estranged husband. In her appeal, the woman said that she was dependent upon her estranged husband for her livelihood and claimed that the trial court had committed an error in concluding that she was capable to work, so cannot be granted maintenance. The man's counsel, however, argued that as per her own admission she was working before her marriage and she was an independent woman and could maintain herself. The court while denying the relief to the woman said that in her complaint before the trial court, she had stated that she was doing a small business of fashion designing in Delhi. "There is an admission on part of the woman that she was working and thus was capable of working. It was not pleaded as to how her marriage has rendered her incapable of continuing the work which she was doing prior to her marriage. "The couple does not have any child and therefore the woman was as independent as the man to work and maintain herself," ASJ Bhardwaj said. Tags woman denies alimony Delhi court alimony denied to delhi woman Delhi High Court Land bill aims to grab farmindia I want this order copy with order number and case number...please anybuddy help me........ regards kohinoor
1 Like

roshuv (Manager)     17 March 2015

Thanks A Million for these attachments. These orders are of Lower courts in Delhi. If These Judgments references are given in District courts of other states (For Eg. NorthEast) Will ASJ consider the judgements or is it purely at the DISCRETION of the court. If Woman is Highly Qualified like MBA+Diploma in Business Entrepreneurship (Past working) now idle. Is she Liable to get Maintenance or PERMANENT ALIMONY in any court in INDIA ? Can anybody post judgements from ASSAM HC relating to maintenance denied based on Qualification of Woman. Thanks to All.

suraj12345 (engineer)     20 March 2015

I am unable to download this copy...please anyone help me....

suraj12345 (engineer)     20 March 2015

These orders are of Lower courts in Delhi . If These Judgments references are given in District courts of other states ( For Eg . maharastra) Will ASJ consider the judgements or is it purely at the DISCRETION of the court . If Woman is Highly Qualified like BDS now idle. Is she Liable to get Maintenance or PERMANENT ALIMONY in any court in INDIA ? Can anybody post judgements from Maharashtra HC relating to maintenance denied based on Qualification of Woman . Thanks to All .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register