LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shiva (abC)     16 August 2013

Need legal opinion on the bda property

Dear Sir,

I have decided to buy one property near Mahalakshmi Layout Bangalore. It is a BDA property, the current owner of the property has bought the property from the direct allotee. 

The property was initially alloted to Mr. X, after few years Mr.X has expired and his wife tranferred the Katha to her name.  Mr. X has two childerns(1 Boy and 1 Girl) both are major.

Current owner bought the property from Mr.X wife(Legal owner after Mr.X death), in the sale deed Mr.X's son has signed as witness and there is no signature present on the document for Mr.x daughter.  Please let me know will there be any legal problems if i buy this property?

The property is currently on Loan with LIF HFL.

Thank you.



 4 Replies

binay (advocate)     16 August 2013

she must have to witness it, otherwise, whenever she want she could go for suit

A.SUMATHY 9380902017 (LAWYER)     16 August 2013

After "X" death X wife, son and daughter have equval right of the X property.

Above Binay opinion 100% correct.

Definetely that property disputed property.

satyesh (n.a.)     17 August 2013


immediately after the death of the father, all his 3 legal heirs, namely, his wife, son and daughter will be succeeding to 1/3 share in the property. hence, all the 3 legal heirs are to sign and convey their 1/3 rights to the purchaser, if not, the ownership will not be transferred. By mother executing the sale deed, she has transferred only her 1/3 rights; and the remaining 2/3 rights stands still in the son and daughter. it is to be noted that, it is the self acquired property of the father. hence,  in my opinion, merely by getting the signature of the son as a witness, his 1/3 rights will not transferred to the purchaser. So, to cure the defect in title, both the son as well as the daughter shall release and transfer their 1/3 rights each (together 2/3 rights), by means of a registered release deed, and in no other way, the 2/3 rights held by the son and the daughter could be transferred and vested in the purchaser.

On the other way, the son and the daughter of the earlier vendor, can be arrayed as parties /vendors in the present sale deed which is to be executed in favour of the present purchaser, and their 2/3 rights could be transferred to the present purchaser. why i suggest this is to save the stamp duty. becoz, in karnataka, when a release deed is to be registered in favour of any person other than a family member, full stamp duty on market value (2/3 of guide line value) shall be paid. to save that, the said son and daughter can be added as vendors in your sale deed.

Satyesha Simha 

Shiva (abC)     19 August 2013

Dea All, Thank you so much for your reply to my question. Regards, Shiva

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads