Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anupam Kamal (Sr Sofware Engineer)     25 December 2013

Need help on land "Khatian" is on the name of "Kesre Hind"

Dear All ,

We have a plot at my home town i.e (i Begusarai District i Bihar) where "Khatian" is on the name of "Kesre Hind" which was made in Year "1901".
But the rent is fixed and duly paid each year by us(my father, Grandfather..) .Also ,as  no land survey happened after that(1901) .So , "Khatian" is still on the name of "Kesre Hind" .

Now we wanted to sell that land . Could you please suggest if there
is ay issue in selling that land  ?   If yes, is there any remedy / solution for that ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your kind suggestion .

Best Regards
Anupam

Learning

2 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     25 December 2013

You can not sell that land because you are not a owner of that , its o.k you are giving rent but it dosen't fulfill the conditions of a owner , before selling it get it transfered in your name .

S.QAISAR ALI ADV. (Advocate)     25 December 2013

As you wrote the property is own and registered in the name of ' Kesere hind ',and  you are as  tenant,so you can not sell it out.As you,your father and grandfather were all of the same nature over the property in question.If you wish to sell the property ;you should go to the concerned department and get the property allotted and freehold in your name .Then you may be able to sell the property without any hurdle.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register