Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Need experience letter

Page no : 2

javed akhtar (SE)     18 May 2015

Hello Kumar,

Thanks for your detailed reply as always!

1. The LC had called up the HR manager to inquire about his absence, it was then that the HR manager told the LC on phone, that he is out of Mumbai, for his vacation and that he will return by the end of this month. The LC then spoke to another HR representative and then updated the complaint letter, with a new date ie 6th June. I will find out whether he is actually out of Mumbai or if he is just trying to avoid the meeting. Will take the appropriate action as advised.

2. I got a call after leaving the LC office, from a new number and it was then that they informed that I can get the letters if I clear out the recovery amount...something which I had asked them long back!...anyway, point has been noted, and I will do as advised.

3. I have been asked to contact them before the next meeting...I will consider doing the same, once I have the call recording, as advised.

As advised, I will ask them to let me examine my personnel file, so as to not contain any misleading facts, which may hamper the feedback given to future employers.

I have already asked them to provide me with the calculation of the FnF settlement and the Recovery amount calculation, after which I will get it assessed and then decide to pay the amount, only after receiving, in writing, that I will receive my letters once I clear off this amount.

I will also ask them to provide me with all the documents as mentioned by you.

I agree to demand for an apology letter for having made false allegations against me.

I will post an update after the next meeting.

Thanks for your support!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 May 2015

How do you know that call was made to you from numbers owned by employer!

Attempt to call the personnel file in Labor Court.

Inspector appointed under Bombay Shops and Commercial Establishments Act ( Labor Inspector might be holding this charge) can examine and acquire the record/formats/registers as prescribed in  Bombay Shops and Commercial Establishments Rules or any other record maintained in any form by employer, and you can obtain copies from Inspector even if thru RTI.

Try to keep union leaders alongwith you when you visit as a witness, and let them wriet their report and submit to union and LC.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 May 2015

Next time you receive a phone call (from same or other number) drive the discussion so as to build record that is favorable to you and quote the reference of last call (make a mention of date/phone number/time.....................and mniutes of discussion and puruse to send the statements made to you in writing......................

1 Like

javed akhtar (SE)     05 August 2015

javed akhtar (SE)     05 August 2015

Hello Kumar,

I finally have some good news to share :)
The HR has finally provided me with both the letters today, ie Experience and Relieving letters. 

The HR manager didnt show up for 3 consecutive meetings scheduled by the LC. However on the fourth meeting, the LC called him up and ordered him to provide me with both the letters, as soon as possible, since the Recovery amount had been paid and there was nothing else pending from my end.

The HR manager had initially agreed to give only the Experience letter, in light of the beforementioned rules, while withholding the Relieving letter, saying that it can be provided in an e-mail. However, when the LC came to know about it, another call was enough to get the ball rolling and they finally agreed to give me both the letters, on a letterhead of the company.

On the other hand, because of the delay from their side, the offer which I had from the other company, which was put on hold, was released, since it had been more than 3 months from the date of joining.
However, I will re-apply to the same/other companies and I hope to get a job and continue with my career, since now I have both the letters to show my previous and the only experience that I have since graduation.

I would really like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me in getting back my letters, so that I can move ahead with my career. Thanks a ton, Kumar! :) :)

On your advice I contacted the trade Union, AIITEA, who in turn asked me to contact the LC of Mumbai, who eventually took care of the issue, and now I have justice! :)

Please let me know if there is anything else that needs to be done for the closure of this issue. the next and final LC meeting is scheduled to be on 10th August.

The past few months have taught me a lot of good things, I accept them as a learning experience, and will utilize it for my own/other's betterment.

Once again thanks a lot to LCI for providing a platform to directly interact with the best experts to get very detailed and satisfying replies to all the queries!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 August 2015

It is good that HR Manager has agreed to give you both letters.

Have you got both the letters as on date.

It has been discussed in length in this thread and PM's the documents and language in document that you should get.

However You have neither pressed for everything nor got everything.

You should claim damages for having lost the job opportunity and remaining jobless all these months and you must also press that the notice period is applicable as per the Act and the money has been forcibly extarcted from you.

You have not the right and complete relief so far.

You and AIITEA is always welcome to contact me.

You may ask the President and General Secretary to send a PM to me.

You may also send the contact details of President and General Secretary to me by PM.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register