LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sapna (receptionist)     04 May 2011

Need Divorce from NRI Husband

I am Sapna, I got married to an NRI 2 years back. From the day one he started creating problem he use ill language for me and for my parents,  he  completely ignores me. After few days of my marriage he went to U.K and he left me here back in India for 2 months I stayed back with my in laws, after two months when visa allotted to me I went to U.K then stayed there with him for 2 months , in 2 months he mentally tortured me  he used to give me no money, he stop talking to me cause he don’t like me and my parents. And then he send me back to India for one year to look after his parents, he was continuously saying that he will shift back to India very soon but did not came . So after one year I forcefully went back to U.K and he again he wanted me that I should go back to India  and In 2 days he tortured me and harassed me and    He  disclosed  to me that he does not need me as a wife he married me cause of his parents so that I will stay in Indai and take care of his parents. When I opposed that I want to live with you he asked me to leave home immediately and he says that I wont give u divorce just stay sperated, my parents use to send me money to live in U.K. He asked me that I should take care of expenses on my own I don’t have any money for you, and asked me to leave country on the immediate  bases when I askd him the reason he said he  will come to India and will talk to  parentrs cause he don’t want to so I came back to Indai with the help of my parents. They buyed me a ticket . 

Now  the  scene is that when ever I call him he do not picks up the phone , and when ever I call his parents they say that this is the matter between husband and wife , we dont want to interfere in any matter . now I am completely stuck in between because I am not getting any answer from any one. I still have a visa for one year. So please suggest me should I file divorce case in India or in U.K 
  Please Please help me. 

Waiting for your valuable replies. Please reply immediately 

Thanks, 
Sapna 

Learning

16 Replies

Harsh (Advocate)     05 May 2011

Hello,

I would be able to assist in your case. 

You can further contact me on harshmparekh@gmail.com

I am a practicing lawyer in Delhi. You can file a Divorce case against your NRI Husband in India

You can contact me on 9971780620. 

Regards,

Harsh Parekh

Advocate

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     05 May 2011

Dear Sapna: I find it more convenient to go back to UK if you have valid visa and if your parents could support you financilally and ofcourse they would be supporting you emotionally.The system at UK is more benevolent.You can seek the help of some volunteer organisation who would be ready to help you but remember task is onerous but nothing you can achieve easily.

I have full sympathy with you if your version is true because it is your narration and it has become fashion to frame imaginative allegation against the spouses in divorce cases in Indian context.

Feel free to send me your details at dhusia 599@gmail.com and I am not a lawyer, so wouldn't charge you any fee for my volunteer service.

Regards

Jayendra Sevada (Advocate)     06 May 2011

Dear Sapna,

This is a real problem which an Indian girl is facing now and then.  You are lucky as you dont have a baby from him. I have dealt number of cases in which such issues are involved.

My advice to you is that you have to take action against him quickly. You can file a case against him as also against his parents under Indian Penal Code and Dowry Act. I cannot disclouse you the entire stratagy over here as this post is accessibe in general.

You have a good case on merits and will get past, present anf future alimony from him with divorce. Today you are young and can find a better match for you but setting ideal at home and not taking action against him will make u suffer in your future. Feel free to contact me for a better tomorrow.

Regards,

Jayendra Sevada

Advocate

+91-97170-11717

veenzar (Advocate)     06 May 2011

Try FreeDivorceadvice to get free advice on divorce matters

RahRamJosh (Software Consultant)     07 May 2011

If your side of the story is true thaen I have sympathy for you. I would advise you to take legal advise if you have already decided for divorce.

(Guest)

Dear Sapna

To me, this appears like a case of "Spousal abandonment" which is a crime is US/UK.

Before you hire a lawyer, try to speak to parties who have no commercial interest in the case. Mr On Prakash Ji for e.g may have wisdom for you which you may not get by paying a proffessional. 

Yes, the US/UK social system is highly organised and efficient in handling such matters. UK system may give you work visa or residency if your case is genuine and abuse/neglect is proven.  However, dont get side tracked by the benefits of the system but try to get your life in order. You dont want to waste you youth fighting court cases, if avoidable.

When you hire a lawyer, a commercial and vested interest is formed between you and your lawyer. The lawyer will know precisely how much you or your husband is worth and he/she will strategize the case and fees accordingly. My suggestion to you is to get second opinion from a few credible lawyers and then settle for a lawyer your pocket can afford. 

I will strongly recommend Ld Adv like Arup, TajobIndia to name a few etc whose posts have solid legal as well worldly wisdom. There are non lawyers on this forum who are worth spending money on but I dont know if it is legal for unlicensed proffessionals to claim they know law in India/provide legal advice. 

My Best

Taran... s g (Credit Analyst)     12 August 2011

guys i want to tell you something about Mr. Om Prakash Dhusia....

I am working with Samba Financial Group in dubai, and this 51 years old shameless guy has taken a credit card from our bank.

Spent 16000 aed and left uae.

When we contacted him on his qatar no. he said i am not the same person i am his friend shankar and om prakash now settled in saudi arabia.

Mr. Dhusia if 1 percent of humanity still exists in you then contact me at +971503598151 and settle your credit card.

even after this you will not settle then dont worry god is watching you.. either you or your family member will have to suffer.

Legal_Help (Consultant)     12 August 2011

I am staying in UK. If u need any help from here then mail me at rajtcs.kumar@gmail.com

Aishwarya (Teacher)     12 August 2011

@ sapna dee

you have one year visa go back to ur husband and give it a last try atleast..he doesnt want divorce thats a bright thing but you can live together and give time to each other and in the meantime you can make more efforts to grow a bond with him.its not a permanent phase that he doesnt like you atleast stay some time longer eventually things will change..

see the good thing is he doesnt physically illtreat you and other is your inlaws are there with you they are not complaining. they dont interfere nor taking sides thats the best part..

.take it on your shoulder and be brave do something to make this relation sustain atleast give it a last try after that you can go for the other opitons. people do change go back u got some time if he wants some time of seperation u can keep on living under same roof but not interefering with each other..but u keep on doing your part..and dont expect radical change.u need to have lot of patience and courage..

go ahead if only u think its worth ..

rgds

Janhavi (Resourcer)     11 February 2012

IF U NEED ANY HELP FROM ME I CAN BUT YOUR STORY APPEARS COMPLETELY FAKE.

U SAY UR PARENTS USED TO SEND YOU MONEY IN UK AND PAYING FOR TICKETS...OMG I CANT STOP LAUGHING AGAIN.

USE UR SENSES WHILE WRITING SUCH STORIES.

I PITY THE READERS FOR THEIR RESPONSES.

A NRI IN UK.

1.CANT AFFORD A MAID IN INDIA.

2. DOESNT LIKE UR PARENTS ? WHY

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE. MAYBE THEY WOULD HAVE ASKED YOU TO MISBEHAVE BADLY WITH UR H AND INLAWS. THEY WD HAVE TAUGHT U ALL THE ILL PRACTICES OF THREATENING H SO IT IS BUT OBVIOUS HE WOULD  NOT LIKE THEM.

3. WHAT IS THE FINANCIAL BACK GROUND OF YOUR PARENTS THAT THEY CAN SUPPORT YOUR LIVING ABROAD ?

4. U SAID IN ONE OTHER GAYA'S POST THAT U R NOW IN UK AN DTAKING CARE OF UR PARENTS

THIS PRECISELY MEANS THAT U MARRIED UR H FOR MONEY. LOOTED HIM AND ALREADY HAD INTENTIONS OF BREAKING MARRIAGE AND SECURING BIG DEAL FROM H.

BELIEVE ME READERS THIS WOMEN CAN'T BE IN UK AS PER THE LEGAL SYSTEM THERE.

UK DOES NOT GRANT AUTOMATIC RTESIDENCY TO SOME ONE WHO IS JUST MARRRIED TO A NRI UNLESS SHE IS BEING SPONSORED. ALSO THE PROFESSION OF UR'S RECEPTIONIST WONT MAKE U QUALIFY TO BE IN EU/US/ ABROAD

SAPNA, IF U NEED ANY HELP CONTACT ME. AND WHEN CONTACTING ME MAKE SURE THAT U SPELL OUT THE TRUTH.

Janhavi (Resourcer)     11 February 2012

Hi KOKO...

Welcome,

Badbudar Antispetic Cream KOKO.....right 4m heer birth...

U started it..Believe me I will end it !!!

Ranee....... (NA)     11 February 2012

tin tin tin...ha ha ha ..

Janhavi (Resourcer)     12 February 2012

KOKO :

I did'nt brush since 2day morning.

Batao Kitno ne tumhein BRUSH KIYA !!!

Aur tumne kitno to BHRASHT KIYA apne MAYA JAAL mein

Janhavi (Resourcer)     12 February 2012

1 more thing ....

I am very much here nd won't leave until I beat the EVIL BITCH in you provoking nd harrassing innocents for no reasons.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register