- · Government issued a notification prohibiting certain commercial activities under its delegated power in a special ACT. During 2007
- · The notification was challenged in High Court .
- · It was struck down by Single as well as Double bench during 2009.
- · Government preferred an SLP.
- · Interim order was passed by the SC to implement the notification but Govt. could not implement and changed the notification by amendment in 2013 wherin the prohibition contained in 2007 notification was removed.
- · In the light of amended notification SLP disposed off as infructuous.
- Between 2007 to 2013 many commercial units were forcibly closed subsequent to earlier notification. After final order (amendment of notification) all businesses are re-opened.
Now the question is the businesses which were closed after 2009 are they entitle to claim damages?