Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vasu (Financial analyst)     24 December 2013

Need advice on divorce filed by wife: urgent

Hi,

My marriage is a love marriage and recently my wife filed file divorce on cruelty reason stated is desertion. I came to Canada for pursuing higher studies and a long term plan to settle here. Decision to Come to Canada was a mutual one. From past 1 year I have been constantly trying to be in touch with my wife asking her to come here (i have proofs of the emails, phone calls and call recordings messages etc). She says does not want to come here. I have been away from my wife from past 2 years. Things changed between us only after my wife went to my in laws house. Otherwise, we had a very loving and fulfilling life. We are married for 5 years.

Now, in the court letter which is sent to my parents, the court had asked me to come for the proceedings to India next month. My wife and inlaws knew I was in canada but, they intentionally mailed it to my parents. I cannot go to India due to immigration issues for next 6 months (If I go I cannot come back here). I wanted to know what options do I have like video conferencing, GPA to my father.( I don't want to trouble my parents with court proceedings through GPA even though my dad is fine attending as there is no option) or any other way.Please advice.

I dont want to give divorce to my wife as we had a very good relationship. Things between us changed only after my wife went to her parents place. I dont want to lose her.

My inlaws had made a false stamp paper indicating the money my wife had sent to me. Coming to Canada was mutual decision. My wife even signed as a co applicant for the education I took.  My wife supported me initially here for my expenses but the figure they are quoting in the paper is completely ridiculous.  

My inlaws are threatening to put 498, DVC and all cases on me and my parents after I come to India for divorce proceedings. Its been 2 years now that I have come here and my wife never lived with my parents after our marriage. 

Kindly advice.

Learning

1 Replies

Vasu (Financial analyst)     26 December 2013

Dear Experts please advice. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register