LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Sharma (Others)     01 June 2012

Narco test

Is Narco test legal in court eyes, can a Husband ask for Narco to prove his side? Would that be considerable by court?

What's the procedure of that, if I want to ask judge for this?

Learning

10 Replies

manish (cdsdfasd sdf)     01 June 2012

unfortunately rahul, i dont think its allowed. i had asked my judge a similar question and he told me its not allowed. But if its allowed at least on a voluntary basis it would be great. But do try it out youirself - no harm in trying

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     01 June 2012

Narco Analysis is not fool proof and there are serious questions about it's accuracy -and since judicial proceedings require proof that is clinching in nature, narco analysis is not allowed in civil proceedings as a matter of rule. For the simple reason a narco analysis result is open to not just one but many inferences and judges don't give it that much of credence.

As regards criminal proceedings law is settled - without accused's consent it is unconstitutional, if it is voluntary still no evidentiary value except recovery proceedings. 

For more on Narco - See Selvi v. State (2010) 

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     01 June 2012

Narco Analysis is not fool proof and there are serious questions about it's accuracy -and since judicial proceedings require proof that is clinching in nature, narco analysis is not allowed in civil proceedings as a matter of rule. For the simple reason a narco analysis result is open to not just one but many inferences and judges don't give it that much of credence.

As regards criminal proceedings law is settled - without accused's consent it is unconstitutional, if it is voluntary still no evidentiary value except recovery proceedings. 

For more on Narco - See Selvi v. State (2010) 

(Guest)

whats its rule in matrimonial cases...If wife drinks can husband seek divorce on this ground?

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     01 June 2012

Originally posted by :Nina Rakheja
"
whats its rule in matrimonial cases...If wife drinks can husband seek divorce on this ground?
"

NO.

(Guest)

Thanks..

manish (cdsdfasd sdf)     01 June 2012

if that drinking is causing cruelty to the husband - its a ground for divorce under cruelty - Please note that its "a ground"

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     02 June 2012

@ Manish

Ya its ground for divorce but indian society/ SC does not beleive that woman can take alcohol and create cruilty on husband and thier relatives.

Cruilty comes under 498a and used by woman only.

For woman its a ground to take divorce but for man its a frivolous complaint only.

manish (cdsdfasd sdf)     02 June 2012

@HK,

yes what you said is right.. But in metros like delhi from where you belong also, the courts have become a little more broadminded especially the higher courts.. Lower judiciary is inept and useless

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     02 June 2012

Originally posted by :Nina Rakheja
"
"

Ya Manish

I am from Delhi.

And again on the query asked by Nina the answer is big NO.

Regards

Hemant Jain

hkjain47@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register