Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MOHAN (Software Engineer)     08 February 2014

Name correction in birth certificate

Hi,

I was born in 1981. I have my birth certificate, where my name and my parents name are in Tamil and that too not the complete names.

1. I had 3 words in my name in the birth certificate. But its shortened to 2, when I joined the school and being followed across all documents. How can I correct that ?

2. How my parents name can be corrected to have their complete name in my Birth Certificate.

3. How will I have the birth certificate in English, will all the above corrections.

this is quite urgent.. could someone please help me..

Learning

4 Replies

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     08 February 2014

1.First issue the legal notice to  your school and other educational authorities., giving 60 days time to correct the marks card.,

2.Thereafter , file a case in the civil court against the school and educational autiorities

3.The court will pass the order directing the authorities to make corrections, in the school certificate

4.Thereafter, the authorities, will correct the certificate and will issued to you

5.Whole process will take 4-5 months

srishaila,advocate,bangalore,9741425514,sdharani120@gmail.com

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     08 February 2014

1.First issue the legal notice to  your school and other educational authorities., giving 60 days time to correct the marks card.,

2.Thereafter , file a case in the civil court against the school and educational autiorities

3.The court will pass the order directing the authorities to make corrections, in the school certificate

4.Thereafter, the authorities, will correct the certificate and will issued to you

5.Whole process will take 4-5 months

srishaila,advocate,bangalore,9741425514,sdharani120@gmail.com

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 February 2014

You will need to fill up a form which is available free of cost at the Government Press of your city.

You need to fill in the details as required – like your old name, new name,  and address.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 February 2014

Two options: 1) through gazette publication; 2) by filing a declaration suit in the civil court declaring your correct name to be incorporated in the birth certificate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register