LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mr. Mishra (Business)     05 September 2017

Name change of spouse in aadhaar-card after marriage

How to change the name of my wife in Aadhaar-Card after marriage ? Iam asking this because all the POI & POA document she has mention her old name ?

Learning

3 Replies

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     05 September 2017

In my opinion, you can do so through their online portal. You can make a name change request on the website along with the necessary identity/documents; (you will have to upload the soft-copy of such documents.)

(Guest)

Application for original Aadhar Card or modification in that is the same. You may apply for correction along with proof.

Mr. Mishra (Business)     05 September 2017

Originally posted by : Raveena Kataria
In my opinion, you can do so through their online portal. You can make a name change request on the website along with the necessary identity/documents; (you will have to upload the soft-copy of such documents.)
Originally posted by : JIGYASU
Application for original Aadhar Card or modification in that is the same. You may apply for correction along with proof.

Well, i know about the online-procedure & that's how iam going to do it.

I wanted the members of this group to address my concern regarding the "proof of identity" for my wife's name change as all her POI & POA documents refects her old name.

I went through the UIDAI website to check document details - https://uidai.gov.in/images/commdoc/valid_documents_list.pdf

Now; if spouse applies for a name change & upload "marriage certificate" as proof, will UIDAI accept it ?? as the POI documents of my wife (mentioned in the above UIDAI url) contains her old-name (i.e., name before marriage).

what are your views regarding this issue ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register