LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr Aditi Sheth   31 July 2018

Name and gender change in birth certificates and school leav

I need advise about name change on legal documents after gender change.

Aadhar card is updated in the new name and gender and picture. For passport need school leaving and birth certificate as base documents. Name change advertise, Name change affidavit,  surgeon's letter certifying having undergone s*x change surgeries and central gazette notifications are also available with new name and gender. Can you pls advise me my next steps for school leaving, birth certificate, gujarat university MBBS degree and Gujrat Medical counclil registration.

Learning

2 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     31 July 2018

None of the certificates mentioned by you like birth certificate, school leaving, MBBS Degree etc., will be changed.  You have to have those certificates in conjunction with the Name change advertise, Name change affidavit,  surgeon's letter certifying having performed gender change surgeries and central gazette notifications to prove your identify.  

1 Like

SOLOMON.RAJ (advocate/director)     03 August 2018

Your school certificates and certificates pripr to name and gender change are not applicable nor can be changed but ypur central gazzette notification will alwaysbe in support of all these certificates. So your previous certificates wi alwaus be in the previous gender and old name but subsequent ones will be in the new name and changed gender Hence forth.

Adv. Solomon Raj,
Attorney at Law,
Bharat Gaurav samman awardee 14
AICC National Legal Chairman.
email:rajcarey@yahoo.com
phn:9866545086

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register