My rights


My husband died 6 months ago and I live with my In laws along with my daughter (13 YEARS OF AGE). My husband has two sisters who are married. 

Now they want me to leave on my own and don't want to provide any support , even my jewellery they are denying to give it back. Few days back, a patwarii came n told me that my husband,z property cannot be transferred on my name as per law and will have to transfer to my mother in law first and then later it will be transferred on my name.  I signed few papers then. And facing bad remarks and mental Touture after that. Today someone came to purchase a house, and I was shocked to hear that. And nobody s even bothering to reply. 

May I know what are my rights towards my husband s property n my jewellery to get it back and what can I do to stop that transfer process which I signed 2 months ago. Please help at the earliest. 



Lawyer at Supreme Court of India



U should not have signed those papers, becasue those papers can be the papers relinquishing your rights in the property, Please call as I need to know certain facts before I can suggest you the actual story behind the same., 


Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate




As a wife you and your child are class 1 heir along with your mother in law of all the self acquired properties of your deceased husband. Your mother in law has one share likewise you too have one share and one share for your daughter. You own 2/3 of all his properties and 1/3 shall go to you mother in law. Even of your signature was taken on some documents those will not be sufficient to get you out of your claim. For Relinquishment your right in immovable property your presence before the sub registrar will be required that was not in this case. Claim your share in your deceased husband's properties through civil court by filling suit for partition.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x