My Right in Father's Property.

Hello - I have been legally disowned from the property by giving publication in the newspaper.

Can I file a case in the district court for my right?

Regards,
Inderpal

Advocate

If the property is self acquired property of your father, you will not get any relief. If it was property of your grandfather or even beyond them, you will have right to claim your share in the ancestral property. Owning/disowning drama hardly matters.

Total likes : 1 times

Shri Vijay Raj Mahajan is absolutely correct

Advocate

Leagally, a father does not own his son (for that matter, no person can own aother person. Hence where is the question of disowning.

However, children (owned or disowned) have no rights in the property held by the parent during their lifetime. The only exception is property that is ancestral.

Advocate Madras High Court & Legal Consultant Chennai Law in Law Firm. +91-9698884779

Newspaper publications alone will not have any legal effect. As a legal heir, in some cases, a person will get right over the property on the date of his/her birth itself. Other cases, from the date of death of the owner of the property. If you have already got the right over the property, then there is no question of disowning the property. Otherwise, the owner of the property can exclude you by conveying the properties to others.

Advocate

If propert of grandfather was his self earned property which he had given to your father then the same merely it belongs to your grandfather does not make you entitled to claim any right over the property. You have no right in the self earned properties of your father and grand father or so on.

Advocate

If propert of grandfather was his self earned property which he had given to your father then the same merely it belongs to your grandfather does not make you entitled to claim any right over the property. You have no right in the self earned properties of your father and grand father or so on.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x