Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ratuldas   23 July 2015

My house owner not refunding my security deposit

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I took one BHK flat in lease for two years period in Bangalore from the year 2013. The lease amount was 6 lakh plus water and electricity charge as per the meter bill. As per the agreement me or my house owner should give 3 month notice before vacating the house. I have the original copy of agreement on stamp paper and it is also signed by my house owner and me.

Due to some family problem with my wife I left the house On December, 2014 and I gave verbal noice to my house owner that I will leave the room, so that he can refund my lease amount by March 2015. And this time I didn't give the key to the house owner because my belongings r there in my room.

When I visited on March 2015, my house owner give me the excuse that he was unable to get new tenant because  I didn't give him the key. So I accepted this as my mistake and transported my all belongings in to my hometown Kolkata. I have the bill of Transport to prove the date on which I have vacated my room. And this time I gave him one key of the flat with the condition that he will refund my lease amount within 3 months period and I will return him the another set of key of the flat.

But now(July Of 2015) when I am calling him for refund of my lease amount, he is giving the same excuse of not getting the new tenant and currently he is not receiving my phone call.

Please tell me is there any legal process that I should follow to get my money back. Or should I send the written notice to him by post. Please tell me best possible solution to get rid of this highly arrogant house owner.

Thank You

Learning

3 Replies

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     23 July 2015

firstissue a legal notice and file a summary suit for recovery of amount while asking for attachment of property
1 Like

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     23 July 2015

Dear Sir,

Please issue alegal notice.

Advocate Nitish Banka

1 Like

ratuldas   24 July 2015

Thanx for your kind reply. But do I have to visit in local Police station to file the case or I can send the legal notice with the help of lawyer by post ? And Sir can you please tell me what is "summary suit" and how to do this?

Thnx again for your kind help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register