Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Govind Sai (director)     20 June 2013

Mutual divorce - awaiting order

Dear all,

Myself and my wife applied for mutual divorce in the month of Aug'2012.

Our Final Hearing was in Apr 2013. Judge said the order will be passed on 25th May 2013.

Only last week my advocate said that the judgement has been pronounced dissolving the mariage but the judgement order is yet to be prepared.

I have been following up with her but she says it is still in the judge's table.

I am a bit unclear about the procedure. Request your help to clarify my doubts.

1. what is the procedure to get the copy of the order?

2. How long will it take to get the order?

Thanks

Govind

Learning

10 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Govind Sai

Dear all,

Our Final Hearing was in Apr 2013. Judge said the order will be passed on 25th May 2013.

Only last week my advocate said that the judgement has been pronounced dissolving the mariage but the judgement order is yet to be prepared.

I have been following up with her but she says it is still in the judge's table.

Thanks

Govind

STAY PUT.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Govind Sai

Dear all,

Thanks

Govind

STAY PUT.

Jayendra Sevada (Advocate)     21 June 2013

Dear Mr. Govind,

The first thing which is required is to clear the dues of your counsel..

jokes apart..

In every Court there's a seperate counter/window to apply for certified copy(ies) of the requisite document(s).

You need to fill a form (Which is available in Rs.1 with every stationery shop in the Court) to apply for the certified copy. Fill the form, disclosing the date of order, HMA Case Number.

You may also check the order on court website. 

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     21 June 2013

As Jayendra said is correct, but if the matter is before Family Court, there is no need to apply for certified copy from copying section. Eiither party can obtain a certified copy  from the family court section itself free of cost as per the High Court (Family Court) Rules.  

As far as the readyness of judgement is concerned,  When the judgemnt is pronounced, the dictated matter will lie with the stenographer.  Due to heavy load of judgements and other works, the stenographer may not be able to type your matter in time.  You have to contact the steno request him and get it done.  Otherwise mention before the Judge itself that you are in urgency, in turn he will direct the section people to do it fast. 

That will not be a certified copy and only the decree sheet will be supplied by the Reader/Court Master.

Govind Sai (director)     21 June 2013

Thank You Mr Jayendra and Ravinder

Can you also please guide me in which website I can check the status entering the case no.

thanks

govind

Which court you are looking for?

Vinod (Promoter)     21 June 2013

Chennai Family Court

Website facility is not available to lower court.  As of now only High court has this facility. You have to check up in the court only. 

Website facility is not available to lower court.  As of now only High court has this facility. You have to check up in the court only. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register