LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sathish (HR manager)     07 January 2011

Mutual consent

Respected Lawyers,


My friends wife has given petition to the police against dowry harrasment. After primary investigation at police station the case has been solved at the police station itself in front of respective laywers after mutual consent and she withdrawan the complaint.

He has given the lumsum what she demanded and she returned him the marriage chain.  Everything was recorded in stamp paper with witness signatures(lawyers) and same has been recorded in police station.

Both signed the mutual consent and submitted to the court.

Now she is not willing to come to court for mutual consent and again she is demanding for maintenance of the child, he is retired govt employee and geting just 6 thousand as pension and she is state government higher secondary teacher (26,000/-approx pay).

Kindly suggest me what can be done in this regards, lawyers are not helping out him and he is puzzled. kindly suggest in this regards please.







 3 Replies

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     07 January 2011

mutual consent for what?

please be specific about facts

Sathish (HR manager)     08 January 2011


Mutual consent for divorce

R.venkatesh Naidu (.)     08 January 2011

the consent given before the polie not valid before the court of law.

since, she is a working lady earning 4 times more than her husband, she cannot claim maintenance herself from his husband.  but she can ask maintenance from his husband for her child.  better, file the a fresh petition on some other grounds prescribed in sec.13 (1).

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads