Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anupam Gupta (AVP)     14 October 2013

Mutation of property before sale


My father had built a residential house in Lucknow (land was purchased from LDA and not inherited) and he died without making a will. There are three heirs - my mother, my sister and me for this. Now i want to sell this house.

Is it necessary to mutate the house in my mother's name (i or my sister do not have any objection to this) before selling. I have already transferred the property to my mother's name in the revenue records for property tax purpose.

Also for mutation, will i need to procure a succession certificate. If a succession certificate is required, what is the total time required to procure one and then get the mutation done. What will be the documents required.



 3 Replies

laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     14 October 2013

You.want to sell your house after the death of your father ,who died without making a will , now you three - you., your mother and sister are the legal heirs , you have transfered your share in the name of your mother , your sister has no objection in selling that house, then take a noc from her and authorised your mother to sell the same.

sourav (rrr)     14 October 2013

dear sir,


can you guide me how to get a flat mutation done? I will be much greatfull if anyone from kolkata could help me

Surrender K Singal   15 October 2013

Better to visit Land revenue department to know their procedure for mutation and then entrust the concerned dealing clerk himself to get your mutation processed instead of and outside lawyer to do that job !

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register