LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chintu Uppalanchi   19 March 2024

Multiple registrations for same land

My grandfather recently gifted land to both me (his grandson) and my uncle (his younger son). The document writer advised us to register the land jointly in both our names before proceeding with partitioning. However, after receiving the documents, the same document writer now insists on another registration for the partitioning. This has resulted in unnecessary expenses for us, including challan fees and his service charges. I'm considering filing a complaint against him. How should I proceed with this?

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 March 2024

You cannot file any complaint against the document writer for this 

You have agreed for this arrangement hence it  has been done with your consent.

You cannot blame others for the lapse on your side and for not acting prudently at that time.

Nothing prevented you from instructing the document writer to perpare separate deeds on both your names individually.

Your hurry at that time did not allow you to use your own wisdom, now you are looking for someone to blame for the lapse on your side.

No complaint against the document writer is maintainable 

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     19 March 2024

You rely on the advice of the document writer without consult the Sub Registrar or a local advocate before registration.  No doubt the document writer took advantage for your innocence, the document writer should have been mentioned each share to you and your uncle with demacrations (survey number, Door number, measurements and boundaries of each share) to avoid partition in future. Now you cannot complain against the DW. 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     20 March 2024

Contact, consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for proper analysis of documents and professional advise.

Shashi Dhara   20 March 2024

In lokadalat you compromise by engaging advocate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register