LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amit shinde   06 October 2021

Mistake in stamp duty e challan

I have paid stamp duty and registration fees for my upcoming property deal. The property consultant made a small mistake while entering my father’s name. It has got printed as ANAND instead of ANANT on e-challan MTR form 6. Trailing letter T got replaced by D.

I haven’t executed the sale deed yet so technically I will be having all names correct on registered sale deed document and Index II.

Can I go ahead with sale deed? Would it impact for any home loan process in future.

Kindly advise.

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 October 2021

The names as reflected in the Title deed, namely the sale deed should be correct, such challans and small mistakes in other names can not invalidate a sale deed.   There is absolutely no problem in having a spelling mistake in the father's name in the challan, as the challan is not part of the title deed.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     07 October 2021

If either party has found an error in the sale deed, the buyer and the seller will have to make an appearance in the sub-registrar's office, where the deed was previously registered. They will have to submit an application to the official, seeking correction in the document, along with all the supporting documents.

amit shinde   07 October 2021

Sir the registration deed is not yet done.

We noticed spelling mistake in e-challan MTR form 16.

I will make sure that Registration deed and index 2 will be having all names correct.

vasant yadav   15 March 2024

We have 1402&1403 flat registration on single agreement, in this agreement 1402 flat no. Is getting free of cost as ownership bases and 1403 was purchase , so we have to pay the stamp duty on the consideration but at the payment of stamp duty time I mentioned only flat no. 1402 it is valid or what is the solution on this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register