LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KHALID WAQUAR ABID (aaa)     26 March 2024

Mismatch name of deceased person

Mr. X was born in 1942 and died in 2015. His Aadhar card bears the name ABCD, his passport bears the name EFGH, and another government ID bears the name JKLM. Since he has already passed away, his name cannot be corrected on these documents. He had three sons, all of whom have different names for their father because their father's documents did not have a consistent name. If the sons' documents are cross-referenced with their father's documents to establish the relationship, the verification will fail. According to the Gazette publication department, a Gazette notification cannot be issued for a deceased person. In this case, the sons could collectively create an affidavit affirming their relationship to their father despite the discrepancies in names across official documents. Kindly check and confirm if only the affidavit is the solution and also if it is approved and accepted by all central government departments to establish the relationship, or if there are any other alternatives. Thank you.


 3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 March 2024

Govt.ID must be old records .So follow govt.ID a genuine a f correct the other documents as is base.

1 Like

KHALID WAQUAR ABID (aaa)     27 March 2024

Dear Rama
Thanks for the reply.
Your suggestion is applicable to those are alive.But query is for the person who is already dead and dead person ID can not be corrected by other department beacuse new ID can not be issued for a dead person. Also few departments, they ask gazette for an alive person but as per gazette department , it can not be published for a dead person.
Kindly check with your other advocates and seniors and let me know.


T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 March 2024

What is the necessity to change the name of the deceased person in your individual records,  if their any discrimination of name of your father from one document to another in your individual documents. if not then what's your problem. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register