Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harish Vaidya (Team lead)     21 January 2010

Minors and trade union

Hi Sir,

Wanted to know if only  minors are employeed and they want to form a workers union how do they go about it.

Can they form a union with help of CITU. or can they have  the president who is a major but not an employee of the same company and register the union.

Learning

5 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     21 January 2010

In first place it is illegal to employ minors and the establishment can be prosecuted for child labour, leave alone forming an union.

Harish Vaidya (Team lead)     22 January 2010

May i was not clear in my post. By Minor i meant they are 15yrs and above. and as per Trade union act they can join a union, but cannot form a union of their own. so if a company only employees minors ( 15-17 yrs ) then how can they form union.

SANATANA PANDAY (presiednt of a trade union)     23 January 2010

it is purely depend among the minior worker, they can form a trade union . if their member are seven and more

SANATANA PANDAY (presiednt of a trade union)     24 January 2010

they form a union. but in their union they should not be the office bearer. officer bearer are must be above 18 years. so the office bearer are the honourable member of the union

1 Like

Harish Vaidya (Team lead)     25 January 2010

Thanks for your post.

Got it. So they can form union if they arrange for someone from outside to be the office bearer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register