New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nagesh (Work with a law firm)     09 July 2021

Minor's interest

A residential property was inherited by two daughters after the death of their parents. (self acquired property of their father). One of the daughter is also demised. Her share was devolved upon to her husband and two daughters, each holding 1/3rd Share in 50% of the total share and one of the daughter is a minor.
Now the other surviving daughter and son in law, who is a natural guardian for her minor daughter and other major daughter ( 4 persons totally) have entered into an Agreement to Sell.
My question is whether, Court permission is required to sell the property, to safeguard the interest of the minor daughter ?


 1 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     09 July 2021

Not necessary.  When the property is owned by her (by way of sale or, gift deed, or a Will) when she was a minor then only court permission is a must.  But in this case not necessary.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register