LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ketan   16 May 2023

minor mistake in name

In release deed my sister's name is typed as Pratibha P.Doshi instead of Prartibha Prakash Doshi as in addhar/pan recrification deed required fir such minor mistake.


 7 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     16 May 2023

It is better to get a rectification deed.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 May 2023

Since the letter "P" is also available in the deed to denote that the letter "P" stands for Prakash, this cannot be considered as an error warranting a rectification deed, you may not be worried about this minor issue because the donor cannot claim that this was not her name at any stage in the future.


Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     17 May 2023

The letter "P" denotes "Prakash" which do not require any rectification.

Ketan   17 May 2023

I am not worried about my sister .she is cooperative.what if when i sell the flat can buyer raise registrration detsils correct name is mentioned.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     17 May 2023

If you intend to sell the property let her be witness to the sale document 

Niharika Lohan   18 May 2023

Hi, I'm Adv. Niharika and here is my take on your query.

Prevention is better than cure, Ketan. Even some minor mistakes can cause unwanted distress in governmental and official matters. Error in name, howsoever minor can turn out to be problematic. I will suggest you to get the rectification done in order to avoid any uncalled for troubles.

I'm hereby attaching the link of an article, which will give you a clearer idea as to the rectification and its process.

Hope this information helps. For further query, you can reach me at

Ketan   18 May 2023

Thank you  Niharika .In my case in Index 2 entry my sister's name is correctley mentioned as Pratibha Prakash Doshi.still rectification deed is required?My sisters are all above 75 and to take them to Registrar is difficult.




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register