LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pravin sathe   08 April 2018

Mhada Possession Letter

I have recently purchased a resale Mhada Flat in Kandivali. I have paid stamp, duty registration, Society transfer charges etc.

Previous owner is having a loan in LIC. At the time of disbursement my bank (HDFC) asked for the original copy of possession letter as it was not mentioned in the list of documents provided by LIC. Without possession letter bank nit allowing us to proceed further.

When we asked for original copy of possession letter to previous owner, he said that he don't have the copy and now insisting us to do NC and apply for duplicate copy of possession letter from MHADA as we have already done the Mhada Transfer.

We have already paid the downpayment amount to him and we feel like he is hiding something from us.

Plz Gide me how to get rid of this problem

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 April 2018

'Buyer Beware' applies to property deals.

It shall be appropriate to get proper legal opinion from a very able local senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue/property/civil/DRT matters before signing or making payment.

This may cost some FEE but can defend long term interest and hard earned monies.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 April 2018

Generically peaking; The seller is to file police complaint/FIR, release advt in newspapers for getting duplicate copy…

You may ask for copies and even get these under RTI from police…and development authority.

Rest is between seller, buyer, lenders, development authority..

ritu markar   18 April 2022

What was done ? Plz let me know since i m also facing the same issue ...

The seller is either hiding or does not have taba paavti and vatap patra.  However we r done with all process except cheque disbursement....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register