New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Monica (Manager)     25 July 2013

Mental harrassment at workplace

Dear Team,

Need legal advice and guidance with one issue that we are facing at work place.

 We have a colleague who has been harassing us (HR team members) in our office at Mumbai. He is our Admin manager and we are required to work with him and his team on a daily basis. We are being mentally harassed by him with following instances:

·         Not providing adequate support and changing the processes time and again just show that we do not follow processes.

·         Escalating everything, even the smallest of the matters to Head of HR who sits in Chennai office. He does not interact with us in person but only plays mail games.

·         Threatening is indirectly that if we don’t work as per his whims and fancies, he will create enemies for us from within the organization

·         Shouting at junior HR staff and verbally trying to create fear amongst them causing mental stress.

·         Making an office-boy spy at us all the time.


I need to know if we can take any legal action against this person? If so, then please guide on the way ahead.


Note that he does not report to HR Head but to Admin head and admin is a separate function. Many verbal escalations to our boss and his boss has not worked at all. Harassment has increased to a great extent in last few weeks.

Awaiting your guidance. 

Thanking you in advance.




 2 Replies

shambhu pandey (assistant)     25 July 2013

So far as i know it is absolutely the case of mental harrasment at work place..if you are satisfied with your work and abide by the rules and regulation of compay than you admin has nothing to interfere in your work ..You may ask or submit complete detail of the way he used to behave at work place and ultimately convey to your head office regarding this if the situation persist then:--

1.there are certain legal rules with refrence to your harrasemet you can consult a lawyer and draft a lagal notice and subsequently sent to him

2.Either you may consult your local police regarding harrasement keping that person in view.

3.Try and mingle with another staff and subseqently to your HR head regarding it.

4.Last but not the least file a complaint case at local court making that person accused of harrasement.

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     25 July 2013

You are working in which organisation so that we an suitably guide you...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register