LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Victor (Manager)     11 June 2024

Memo of appearance

In my FCOP case the earlier advocate is sick and not sure where he has gone , upon querying his known contacts I heard that  he is no more.   In this situation I would like to contest my fcop party in person. I  learned  that memo of appearance can be submitted  to the family court that self will be contesting my own case. Is this sufficient or any further guidance.


 2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 June 2024

You can either file a memo stating that your advocate's whereabouts are not known hence you may be permitted to appear as party in person or on the next date of hearing you can orally inform the court about this and seek permission. 

You will be permitted. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 June 2024

You can withdraw and appear in person; no memo of appearance is required.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register