LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Avenods123 (Sme)     30 January 2014

Mcd fees

Hi, my husband & myself approached a lawyer a month back for MCD.. he gave us a draft petition. But then we decided to withdraw proceeding with the MCD .. NOW THE LAWYER IS CHASING US FOR 6000 rupees .. Is this valid ? When we have not requested to proceed with petition... 

Learning

5 Replies

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     31 January 2014

U HAVE TO PAY AGREED LAWYER FEE.

Avenods123 (Sme)     31 January 2014

If u avail I don't mind paying , but wen we did not proceed wat is point Sir ... Agreement was to pay while filing petition if that's not happening then...

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     01 February 2014

When your lawyer drafted a petition under your instruction he is definitely entitled for his professional fees.  As you instructed your lawyer not to proceed with the case he i.e., your lawyer cannot be responsible.  Of course, you can request him to consider the quantum of his fees as to the present situation.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 February 2014

Settle the matter with your lawyer, he is entitled for fees for providing professional services to you at your request.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 February 2014

With the intention of  engaging and retaining his services you approached the lawyer and agreed to pay his fees for the purpose.  If you withdraw you intention who is responsible for it, he is ready to do service to you but you do not want it any more, but you must see that he has drafted the petition, it means he has almost done the main job of your case, so you are bound to pay atleast a sizeable portion of agreed fees.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register