Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kunal (ca)     24 February 2012

Matter related to property on lease


hello sir ,

actually sir i am in tension related to my shop which i was having on lease since 25-30 years , actually at that time we just had paid some tokken money for that shop and rest on the monthly rent of 600 rs p.m. sir the landlord of the shop was taking the rent upto 2008 and since then he just stop taking the rent from us and saying that rather you increase the rent of the shop or i will not accept the rent . sir now in 2012 he is saying that you just vacant the property or we will just put the legal case on you that you are not giving us the rent of the shop from 2008 ( for what we were offering him every month and he was just keep on rejecting that by saying you just increase the rent upto the amount i say ) . 

sir now he is saying just vacant the property or we will put the case on you or we will vacant the property by illegal way .

sir please advise me that what are the legal procedings he can go for and what we should do to come up from this stage .



 3 Replies

Narendra Malik (advocate)     29 February 2012

Is there any lease agreemant ? let me know


Aman Singh (Law Officer)     12 June 2012

If there is any rent agreement or lease agreement then your landlord can’t force you leave the shop. Other hand you have a stable business at that place for a long time of 30 years so can force him for compensation in favor of leaving shop. You can go to court for this matter.


Builders in Jaipur

Zara Wilson   06 February 2021

If there is a lease agreement, you can surely go ahead with the legal proceesing. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register