LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

R C Nigam (xxxxxxxxx)     01 May 2011

Matter of Utter shame

I retd from central service in the year 1993. Filed a petition in the CAT for payment of Gratuity and other dues, which were required to have been paid on 31,8.93. The Respondent-DRM/NR/Lucknow kept silent for full 5 years, and came with his counter reply in 1998, full of lies, making averment that NOTHING WAS DUE.

The learned CAT passed order in 2001 that the DRM/NR/Lucknow to make payment of whatever was due.

An appeal was preferred before the Hon'ble High Court against this ambiguous Judgment, which is still pending. Before the Hon'ble HC also, the DRM/NR/Lucknow did not hesitate from making similar FALSE averment.

However, in 2008, i.e. after 15 years of retirement, payment was made  of the Gratuity amount, by the Railway, i.e. the Respondent. The Writ Petition is still pending, as other dues: Provident Fund etc are still illegally withheld..

No doubt, this is a deplorable condition of Indian Railways, where the officers disregard the Rules with impunity, and abridge the Human Rights by denying the livelihood.

Now, at the fag end of my life, whom should I blame for abridging my Rights and wasting precious 20s of years of my life that I spent in contesting the litigation, incurring heavy expenses-the Railway administration or the Judiciary? Should I, still have faith on Judiciary?

Learning

3 Replies

V S R SRIKANTH (ADMIN)     01 May 2011

Dear Nigam Sir,

First of all Receive my Wishes on this auspicious "MAY DAY". I am alo an Employee of Indian Railways. I felt very bad on your situation due to some ill minde officers. If this would be going to happen after spending entire life for Ralways, thn who would come to Indian Railways to Work. 

Shame on that officer for his attitude towards his own staff.

Srikanth

verukal (entry level)     01 May 2011

Dear Mr. Nigam, I am very sorry to hear this. I admire your courage and determination for continuing to right this injustice done to you all these years. I hope someone here on this forum can give you more options and counsel to alleviate your situation. 

Regards,

Verukal.

R C Nigam (xxxxxxxxx)     02 May 2011

Dear Mr Srikanth and Mr Verukal,

Thanks for your sympathies and appreciation of my woes. Further to my above note, I attach a file containing certain major cases of injustice meted out by the able officers of the Railway, from time to time., with the request to offer comments.

I may add that my countless representations, addressed to the DRM, GM and others have never been replied, and now information sought under RTI Act, 'What decision has been taken on my so and so representation?', is not being provided, on the pretext that the records, being too old, have been weeded out. This is a false excuse, which they advance with impunity, although the matter remaind under protest/representation all along. Unfortunately, the Central Info Commission accepted their arguement, without application of mind.

So far, I have contested about 20 odd cases, including Petions, Contempts, and the appeals  filed by the DRM/NR/Lucknow.

I will also like to add that in  none of the cases, Judgment has been passed rejecting my petition. I feel, I have consumed more than 100 Kgs of paper in my efforts to get justice, which is eluding since 1966, only because I had not paid a bribe of Rs 25/- in the year 1966.

Attached File : 11 11 the executive director.doc downloaded: 154 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register