married woman compelled to leave groom n inlaws house


due to abuses,attrocities,harrashment my daughter left house of inlaws n groom,came to us .consoulation on way at woman cell crime branch,commisioner office,expect not much to settle issue legaly.what r pros/cons of case.what best can be done to safe gaurd her future if inlaws n groom dont care her n small baby.can you advice some good advocates at nagpur for consultation n further action into the issue.i will be obliged for help extended.



File a complaint under protection of women from domestic violence act. It includes all types of relief.


practicing advocate

You can use the sections of DV Act. Consult the lawyer he will explain how to file the case.

Self Employed

It depends upon you.If you want a divorce without standing up for all the harassment she faced at the hands of her inlaws and DH,you may go in for mutual divorce,and forgive them like a divine being.So that they never learn a lesson.


If you don't want your daughter's divorce,want to stand up boldly and assertively for her rights,namely compensation for harassment,maintenance for your daughter and grandchild,all her streedhan and personal belongings back,right to live in matrimonial home(or separately with hubby),DV Act is the best.


Good luck!


file Domestic case against in laws of your daughter.Consult a good lawyer or contact local social welfare officer.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu