Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

K   28 April 2019

Married to impotent man

In unconsummated marriage from 2.5 years, husband impotent. Reluctantly has gone for treatment without follow ups and had never been said about treatment. Informed in law's after 1 year of marriage but they did nothing. Hides messages chats with female friends. Recently just walked out of home and went to stay with his parents without any kind of information when I asked him to show his chats with a female I have been asking him from beginning of marriage to not talk to. He is very dependent on his over protective parents. There is no physical and emotional intimacy and lot of emotional abuse in this marriage.

 8 Replies

Shashi Dhara   28 April 2019

File suit for divorce on that grounds.

MPS RAMANI (Scientist/Engineer)     28 April 2019

Things depend on what the wife wants and all the prevailing circumstances. She can file for divorce if she wants. Or if she wants a child artificial insemination can be tried. All concerned should discuss and take a decision.

SOLOMON.RAJ (advocate/director)     29 April 2019

Dear Querist

Since the element of non consumation of marriage prevails you can file an application before the jurisdictional family court for DECLARING YOUR MARRIAGE AS VOID.

Adv. Solomon Raj,
Attorney at Law,
Bharat Gaurav samman awardee 14
AICC National Legal Chairman.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 April 2019

The facts are inconsistent.  Impotency definition medically is important.  Your other complaints that son is over dependant on protective parents and his chatting with another female are normal complaints from wives who go for divorce.  I am not aware as to impotency only makes the marriage void, when there are medical remedies for each ailment.

jagriti   29 April 2019


Did your impotent husband and  his family took dowry at the time of marriage? 

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 April 2019

Non-consumation of marriage is a ground for getiing the marriage declared void. You also ahve the option of divorce by mutual consent.

jagriti   30 April 2019


Dont leave that impotent person simply. He will ruin so many girl's lives for dowry if you just take mutual divorce.

1 Like

yousuf mohammad (Law Student)     10 May 2019


you are telling all incorrect details which is easily caught with your message. Give correct details !!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query