LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manali Dixit (employee)     18 August 2017

Marriage registration

I am a divorcee woman and the person with whome I married is not yet get his final divorce.But we married in May and he will get his divorce in sept.But while marriage we are considered as a unmarried persons.So what procedure do I follow to register our marriage as we both decided to register it after sept.Our cast is also diffrent.

please suggest.

Learning

16 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 August 2017

Does your’s or other person’s whom you claim to have married, community/sect/sub sect ............................customs allow 2nd marriage during subsistence of 1st marriage?

If NO; the relationship during subsistence of 1st marriage is illicit.

1 Like

Check at website of Marriage Registrar or in person at O/o Marriage Registrar at your location/in your state.

As on date of marriage both persons; Man, Woman should be unmarried…….or should not have a living spouse…

e.g. in case of Delhi:

https://delhi.gov.in/wps/wcm/connect/DoIT/delhi+govt/community/marriage+certificate+and+registration

5. Affidavit by both the parties stating place and date of marriage, date of birth, marital status at the time of marriage and nationality

https://delhi.gov.in/wps/wcm/connect/doit/Delhi+Govt/Community/Marriage+Certificate+and+Registration#1

APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION OF MARRIAGE UNDER SECTION 8 OF THE HINDU MARRIAGES ACT, 1955 (Central Act-25 of 1955)

7. We hereby declare that:- (i) Neither of us had a spouse living at the time of Marriage.

https://delhi.gov.in/wps/wcm/connect/DoIT/delhi+govt/marriage+certificate+and+registration/application+form+for+registration+of+marriage+under+hindu+marriage+act.

APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION OF MARRIAGE UNDER SECTION 15 OF SPECIAL MARRIAGE ACT, 1954 (CENTRAL ACT 43 OF 1954)

Marital status at the time of marriage

Husband ..............................................

Wife .....................................................

https://delhi.gov.in/wps/wcm/connect/DoIT/delhi+govt/marriage+certificate+and+registration/application+form+for+registration+of+marriage+under+special+marriage+act.

Check as per personnel law that applies in your case or as per Special Marriage Act…….

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     18 August 2017

Your marriage is illegal and has no value and permitted in law so your marriage cannot be registered.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 August 2017

The O/o Marriage registrar can decline to register the marriage.

If false information is given it may lead to penultimate actions in future.

Manali Dixit (employee)     21 August 2017

Thanks all for your help.Now in this case should I marry again after his final divorce to avoid any problem in future. Is it Ok?

Please help me now.

Thanks

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 August 2017

Take care of finer nuanaces as posted above.

Your own lawyer can also advise you based on dceree of divorce............

If you are not properly informed and/or are not propelry guided and/or have  trust issues obtain second opinion from a very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Family/civil matters.........

Mr. Ramesh Singh,

I have rather appreciated inputs provided by you.

You may carefully go thru my post after your 2nd last post in the thread...........

Mr. Ramesh Singh,

My post was;

"Take care of finer nuanaces as posted above. Your own lawyer can also advise you based on dceree of divorce............"

I have been gentle and respectful and caring and supporting to all; querists/members/experts/admin and everyone and have exerted to provide illustarted posts supported with enactments, citations.............

There chronic and habitual offender that litter nuisance at LCI are there and leader of everyone is IT=@PSD..............and many if IT's fake/false ID's many of which have been blackened/blacklisted/shunted out................

You are also aware of it.

Originally posted by : Ramesh Singh
Respected Mr. Doab Sir, do you expect to humiliate like other members do against you, hope you should not & me too.
Be cautious.

Plz note your own post about font/style/space/gaps/numbers of continuity, I assume well verse lawyers can easily judge what you are.

Mr. Ramesh Singh,

Now what exactly is that you want want to be cautious of?

pankaj verma   29 August 2017

do marriage again after the divorce.... then registered... 09816374011

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register