Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yashpalsingh (Team Leader)     25 July 2011

Marriage Decleration a valid document for procesisng visa

Hi,

I have a question. I am working in a private company, my work requires me to travell abroad regurally. Right now i am in Canada and want my family to come and stay with me. When applying for Visa they are asking to submitt my marriage certificate which i did not make. Instead my wife made a Marriage Decleration which has a registration number and is duely signed by the  Registering officer.

Can any one tell me with this document can i still process for the visa.

Learning

2 Replies

V.Vinayachandran (Advocate)     25 July 2011

Sir,

Marriage decloration is nothing but a statement or affidavit that she is married. It does not amount to a certificate. It never help you to proceed for the visa. You along with your wife should jointly apply for registration of marriage before the concerned authority. Only after the registration the concerned authority will issue the certificate. Wish you a good luck.

V. Vinaya chandran, Advocate, Kollam, Kerala.

Email : v.vinayachandran@yahoo.com

Sathish (HR manager)     26 July 2011

Hello !

You should possess mandatory marriage certificate issued by the government or religious institutions, if you are not possessing any one of this you can give statutory declaration of common law union and which has to be notarized and this is valid by the Govt of Canada at CIC or CHC New Delhi.

I Have enclosed the Statutory declararion form IMM5409E for your help.

Hope this will help you out.

Attached File : 95901 197904 43 imm5409e.pdf downloaded: 127 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register