Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sk (xyzz)     30 December 2012

Marriage certificate

Hi Respected lawyers,

I am from calcutta (india ). My name in BIRTH CERTIFICATE is XYZ and date of birth is October whereas all my school records have the name XY and date of birth as January. 

My marriage certificate I had given the Birth Certificate name : XYZ as I wanted all my documents to have this name. But since changing name in all educational etc docs is a very tedious process. I decided to rectify my marriage certificate name from XYZ to XY and also rectify the date of birth from october to january.

My question : Is there any process to do it ? What do I need to do ? 





 4 Replies

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     30 December 2012

Have you seen what happened to Gen. G.K. Singh's case. You will be very lucky if you succeed legally. Bribing is a different proposition.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     30 December 2012

Dear querist

you should contacted a lawyer in your area. 


VK Singh approached the SC when he had lost every moral if not legal right to do so. That law is closely entwined with morality, is the message he got from the Hon'ble SC.


Anyhow, approach a lawyer for help.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     31 December 2012

What morality has to do with one's right and legality? If we go by morality, all the cases will be thrown out.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query